TikTok for Small Business: Boost Your Profile with Viral Content
TikTok has quickly become one of the most popular social media platforms, with over 1 billion active users worldwide. It's no longer just a platform for dance challenges and lip-syncing videos - businesses of all sizes are finding ways to use TikTok to grow their brand and reach new audiences. If you're a small business owner looking to increase your social media profile and engage with customers in new ways, TikTok can be an incredibly powerful tool. In this post, we'll take a closer look at what TikTok is, how to get started, the types of content that perform well, and how to use TikTok to grow your small business.
What is TikTok?
TikTok is a social media platform that allows users to create and share short-form videos. Originally launched in China in 2016 as "Douyin," TikTok has since expanded to over 150 markets and has become one of the fastest-growing social media platforms in the world.
TikTok is known for its unique algorithm that helps users discover new content based on their interests and preferences. The platform uses artificial intelligence to analyse user behaviour and suggest new videos based on their previous engagement.
TikTok also offers a range of editing tools and filters that users can use to enhance their videos. Some of the most popular features include the ability to add music, text, and special effects.
Unlike other social media platforms, TikTok's content is primarily driven by user-generated content, making it an excellent platform for businesses to connect with their audience in an authentic way. By creating engaging and shareable content, small businesses can tap into the massive reach and potential of TikTok to grow their brand and reach new customers.
How to Get Started with TikTok
Getting started with TikTok is relatively simple. Here are the steps to follow:
- Download the TikTok app: The TikTok app is free on iOS and Android devices. You can download it from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Create an account: Once you've downloaded the app, you can create a new account by using your email address, phone number, or existing social media account (such as Facebook or Twitter).
- Set up your profile: After creating your account, you'll be prompted to set up your profile. This includes adding a profile picture, bio, and other information about your business.
- Start creating content: Once your account is created, you can upload videos to your profile. To create a video, click the plus (+) button on the bottom centre of the screen and start recording.
- Engage with the TikTok community: Engaging with other users on the platform is important for growing your following. This includes following other accounts, liking and commenting on other user's videos, and participating in popular trends and challenges.
By following these steps, you can set up your TikTok account and start creating and sharing content with your audience. As you begin to experiment with different types of content and engage with other users on the platform, you'll be able to gain traction and grow your TikTok presence over time.
What Type of Consumers Use TikTok?
TikTok's user base is incredibly diverse, with users of all ages, genders, and backgrounds. According to recent data, the biggest demographic on TikTok is 18-24 year-olds, but users of all ages can be found on the platform.
TikTok's audience is also highly engaged and active on the platform, with users spending an average of 52 minutes per day on the app. This makes TikTok a great platform for businesses to connect with their audience and build brand awareness.
In terms of interests, TikTok users are often interested in entertainment, music, and pop culture. Businesses in these industries may find it easier to connect with their target audience on TikTok. However, businesses in other industries can still succeed on TikTok by creating engaging and shareable content that resonates with their audience.
Overall, TikTok's diverse user base and highly engaged audience make it a powerful platform for businesses looking to connect with their customers in new and creative ways. By understanding your target audience and creating content that resonates with them, you can tap into the massive potential of TikTok to grow your small business.
What Content is Popular on TikTok?
TikTok is known for its viral trends, challenges, and memes, often driven by user-generated content. Some of the most popular types of content on TikTok include:
- Dance videos: TikTok is home to a number of popular dance trends, with users creating and sharing videos of themselves performing choreographed routines to popular songs.
- Comedy skits: Many TikTok users create funny skits or sketches, often using editing tools and filters to enhance the humour. Think of something funny related to your product, and fire away!
- Lip-syncing: Another popular trend on TikTok is lip-syncing, where users create videos of themselves mouthing the words to popular songs or movie quotes.
- Educational content: TikTok is also home to several creators who share educational content on a wide range of topics. You can create educational videos related to your product or service.
- Product demonstrations: As TikTok continues to grow in popularity, many businesses are using the platform to showcase their products through demos and behind-the-scenes reviews of the business.
Overall, the content that performs best on TikTok skews to being creative, engaging, and shareable. By tapping into popular trends and creating content that resonates with your audience, you can increase your reach and grow your small business on TikTok.
How to Grow Your Small Business Using TikTok
TikTok can be a powerful tool for small businesses to increase brand awareness and reach new customers. Here are some tips to help you grow your small business using TikTok:
- Define your target audience: Before creating content on TikTok, it's important to understand your target audience and what type of content will resonate with them. If you need help confirming your target audience, use the Thriday target market quiz.
- Create engaging content: To be successful on TikTok, your content needs to be engaging, shareable, and visually appealing. Consider tapping into popular trends and challenges on the platform to increase your reach.
- Be consistent: Consistency is vital on TikTok, so make sure you regularly post new content to keep your audience engaged and interested in your brand.
- Use hashtags: Hashtags are an essential part of TikTok's discovery algorithm, so make sure you're using relevant hashtags to increase the visibility of your content.
- Collaborate: Collaborating with other TikTok users can significantly increase your reach and tap into new audiences. Find other users that relate to your business and create partnerships.
- Promote your business: Use TikTok to promote your products or services by showcasing them in creative and engaging ways. You can also use TikTok's advertising features to reach a wider audience.
By following these tips and staying engaged with your audience, you can use TikTok to grow your small business and increase your brand's visibility in a fun and creative way.
How to Track Performance on TikTok
Tracking your performance on TikTok is important to understand what type of content resonates with your audience and adjust your strategy accordingly. Here are some metrics you can track on TikTok:
- Views: The number of views your videos receive is a good indicator of how many people see your content.
- Engagement: Engagement measures the number of likes, comments, shares, and followers your account has. This can give you an idea of your audience's engagement with your content.
- Hashtag performance: Keep track of how often your hashtags have been used to get an idea of your content's visibility.
- Video completion rate: This metric measures how many people watch your video to the end. A high completion rate means your content is engaging and attracts your audience's attention.
- Follower growth: Tracking how many followers your account has over time can give you an idea of how your audience is growing.
TikTok also offers its own analytics tool for Pro accounts, which provides more detailed insights into your performance on the platform. By tracking your performance on TikTok, you can optimise your content and strategy to grow your small business on the platform.
TikTok influencers can be a powerful asset for small businesses looking to increase their profile on the platform. TikTok influencers have a large following and can create engaging content that resonates with their audience. By partnering with influencers, small businesses can reach new audiences and promote their products or services.
The cost of partnering with influencers on TikTok varies depending on their following and level of influence. Some may offer sponsored posts for a flat fee, while others may require a commission on sales. The benefits of working with influencers include increased brand awareness, higher engagement, and access to a targeted audience. When choosing influencers, selecting those whose audience aligns with your brand and values is key to ensuring maximum impact.
Can I use TikTok for my small business?
Absolutely! TikTok can be a great platform to increase your small business profile, reach new audiences, and promote your products or services.
How do I create a TikTok account?
To create a TikTok account, download the app from your phone's app store, sign up with your email address or phone number, and create a username and password.
What type of content should I create for TikTok?
The type of content you create should depend on your brand and target audience. However, popular types of content on TikTok include challenges, trends, tutorials, and behind-the-scenes glimpses of your business.
How often should I post on TikTok?
Consistency is key on TikTok, so aim to post at least once a day to keep your audience engaged and interested in your brand.
How do I grow my audience on TikTok?
To grow your audience on TikTok, create engaging and shareable content, use relevant hashtags, collaborate with other users, and engage with your audience by responding to comments and messages.
How can I measure my performance on TikTok?
You can track your performance on TikTok by measuring metrics such as views, engagement, hashtag performance, video completion rate, and follower growth. TikTok also offers an analytics tool for Pro accounts that provides more detailed insights into your performance on the platform.
TikTok can be a powerful tool for small businesses looking to increase their social media profiles. Businesses can reach new audiences and promote their products or services by creating engaging and shareable content, using relevant hashtags, and collaborating with other users. It's essential to track your performance on TikTok by measuring metrics such as views, engagement, and follower growth to adjust your strategy and optimise your content. With some creativity and effort, small businesses can leverage TikTok to grow their brand and connect with their audience in new and exciting ways. So why not try and see how TikTok can work for your small business?